Monday, May 29, 2006

Shame On Me!

I can't believe I haven't posted in a week. I guess my allergies have made me a touch less productive. And the fact that we got all hot and humid here all of a sudden. One night we had frost advisories, the next day it got to 90 and was humid! Crazy I know, but this is Wisconsin weather for ya!

I have been finishing up my flower baby afghan (yes, it is to the part where I start getting bored and I want to move on to something else.) Which is slower work right now.

We are also working on our end-of-the-school-year-thank-you-teacher-gifts.
My youngest son, Lore (5) has 3 teachers. So he wants to make lined zipper pouches, (he loves to sew on the machine!) Then fill it with a sharpie and some post-it notes. We have the materials cut so far,
but haven't started sewing. That is planned for today.

My middle son, Liam (7) has just one teacher. He wanted to paint her a treasure box and fill it with a wooden gold coin (also painted.) And the sharpies and post-its. He has the box, and he's painted it gold. And right now he is drawing on it with markers.

My oldest, Levi (9), well, he thinks he's pretty darn cool. He has 2 teachers and he really loves them. They all have a lot of fun in class and joke around and such. So his big idea is, he wants to make record bowls. Then he wants to then make circles for the label spot of the record bowls with decorated pics of his teachers. We have no problem with the one teacher, but the other one we're not quite sure since we don't have a pic of her to start off of. So we'll see. Right now, Levi has finished molding the bowls with hot water, and we took the original labels off.

So I will have to post more pics of this when they are finished.

Also I had problems with my order from Fire Mountain (normally I don't have any problems with them.) and things were back ordered, and I didn't get them in time to make my nursing necklace for a swap, so I had to work with what I had. Unfortunately I'm not terribly pleased with it, but I did the best I could with what I had. And I was late the way it is.

horrible pic, but you get the idea, it's amethyst and white catseye with flourite (or something like that, ) pendant.

No comments: