Monday, May 08, 2006

Bulk Garbage Day

Have you ever seen the cartoon movie of Charlotte's Web? I recomend it if you haven't, it's cute. The reason I bring it up is when Templeton (the rat) doesn't want to go the fair, the goose talks him into it by singing a song, that he also sings when he goes into the fair and he sees all the different snacks and treats, he sort of goes crazy and there's this song. Well, it really reminds me of Bulk Garbage Day in my town. I know a lot of towns have this, and it's probably the same everywhere, but I love walking through town seeing everyone scatter from one lawn to the next, looking at everyone's garbage. Thinking to themselves;
"wow, I could use that"
"why would someone get rid of that?"
"I can't believe they have one of these!"
or whatever. But you see people hopping from cars and trucks gathering other people's garbage. A crazed look in their eye!

I was good this year. I got rid of many things (all were thankfully taken, so the garbage truck didn't get anything from us.) I also didn't pick anything up. Lots of people would think that isn't the best, because I didn't find a FABULOUS find. But honestly I need to de-clutter my house more than anything, and I just can't be taking in more things or projects until I do that. So for me it was a very good year. Now I'll just have to wait again til next year to see the same excitement, however, I will have that song stuck in my head for a really long time!

"A fair is a veritable smorgasbord orgasbord orgasbord.
After the crowds have ceased.
Each night when the lights go out.
It can be found on the ground all around
Oh, what a ratly feast!
Melon rinds and bits of hotdogs
Cookie crumbs and rotton cotton candy
Melted ice cream, mustard dripplings
Moldy goodies everywhere
Lots of popcorn, apple cores
Bananna peels and soggy sadwiches
And gobs of gorgeous gook to gobble at the fair

A fair is a veritable smorgasbord orgasbord orgasbord
After the gates are shut
Each night when the lights go out
It can be found on the ground all around
That's where a rat can glut, glut, glut, glut!"

No comments: