Sunday, February 11, 2007

My little sister passed away yesterday.

Candace, age 26, died yesterday. She fell in the bathroom and broke her neck. It shouldn't have happened, however, it did. She has 3 young daughters. 2 will be living with their father and his wife, both wonderful people. The other used to live with me for awhile, and hopefully will again. She hardly knows her father. There is a lot of other stuff surrounding her placement, I expect it to get quite messy and ugly. Can't really think about it yet, still thinking about the funeral and other stuff. One of the girls is staying with us tonight. It's surreal. We really never got along, but the last few months were good ones. She was trying so hard to get her life together. The last thing I told her, the last time I spoke to her, was that I was proud of her.....

Edited to add: the coroner's report says she did not break her neck. She has had epilepsy for some time and had landed in a coma about 2 years ago. We didn't think there was any way for her to survive that. She did though, but her body never fully recovered. We believe that she had another huge seizure and passed away because of her body being unable to take it.

4 comments:

kmad said...

Hey Tab, it's YFC. I am so sorry and so shocked to hear about the news. Jackie found this message online and passed it on to me. I will be at the showing on Wednesday. What a hard situation. I am so glad you and Candace were on good terms as of late. It is surreal. I am shocked. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Love, Kelly

LJ said...

I'm so awfully, dreadfully sorry. I found your blog through craftster and wanted to look at your blog for crafty inspiration. I couldn't leave without saying I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Lori said...

It is just awfult that someone would go that way. I hope it all works out in the best way with her daughters. You are a good auntie and a good sister.

Balancing Act; Jenn said...

Totally different but I lost my ten month old son. Not the same but losing someone that is close to you is hard regardless of the situation. I cannot imagine losing one of my sisters. Months later but still, my heart goes out to you. Hope you are faring well.
Jenn