Monday, January 08, 2007

Tree Of Life Pendant

I am not a jewelry maker. I've dabbled in throwing some beads on a string and making book thongs, I've made a few row counter bracelets for friends, but never actually making jewelry. Well, I saw a pendant similar to this the other day on craftster, and I just had to make one. I did my best, and these are my results.
I am really quite proud of it, and would like to wear it, however, I can't figure out what to wear it on. I know in the picture it looks like copper wire, but it's really more of a brown. I have tried it on gold, silver, and copper chains. I didn't like any of these. I tried it on 2 different sueded leather cords and didn't like those. I have it on a black cord right now, and it's ok, but not really as attractive as I think it could be. Does anyone have any suggestions?
No matter what I am extremely proud of it, and I think I may make more of them possibly for Christmas ornaments next year.

1 comment:

KrymsynHawke said...

Perhaps making a beaded necklace but not too ornate so as to overpower the beautiful pendant...use the same green bead and add some polished wood to resemble the bark of the tree of life........use a copper toggle clasp to end it off....

The pendant is beautiful and i think the green beads and wood would enhance its beauty.......