Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm a working girl

Well, I have finished my first official week of work. It was ok. I am not home nearly as much as I'd like, and I really hope no one gets sick. But other than that it was really nice. There are some great kids in my preschool class. Some are a bit young for the program, but most are opening up nicely. There are only really 2 boys that I'm not sure about. The say they like it by the end of the day, but they spend the rest of the time crying.
There seem to have been a lot of deaths in the town lately, because yesterday, our second day of preschool 2 teachers were gone from school for different funerals. I ended up staying late and doing a lot of things I haven't had training for. Yesterday was really crazy.
I do like the other teachers though alot.

Today I got to spend the afternoon after work with Lore's class. We went to computer lab, and the teacher needed a parent helper, so I volunteered. It was lots of fun, Mrs. Grade is wonderful with the kids, and she has a great sense of humor. And way more patience than I could ever imagine. It was fun to see some of these kids going online for the first time. They had so much power and they knew it!

So far the boys all seem to really be enjoying school. Levi really hasn't had any homework yet, so we'll see how much he loves it when the 2 hours of homework kick in. Liam is in a split 2nd & 3rd grade class. He's with Mrs. Trew. I know a lot of people don't really care for her, but I like her. I think she's good with the children, and focuses on the importance of reading and getting down basic facts.

Our camping trip went well, we didn't take a single picture. Too much fun, and I didn't really want to take out any electrical type devises, which a digital camera is. So I'll have the kids set up the tent and take some pictures and fake it for you all =) It was perfect weather, the kids were great and all getting along. Couldn't ask for more!

No comments: